Inauspicious: The Egress [Information//OOC]

Inauspicious: The Egress [Information//OOC]

Postby Inanna » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:58 pm

"To live is to suffer, to survive is to find meaning in the suffering." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Chapter I: The Egress

Interest Check

A brief timeline of Port Crescendo's recent history:

(1999) • Completion of 'the Gate', to commemorate the city's 100th anniversary. 'The Gate' is situated outside of the Port Crescendo Observatory and Research Center and well received by the townsfolk. The project was originally conceived by the two scientists who ran and maintained the Observatory. A series of earthquakes claims six lives in the following months.

(2000) • Disappearance of Henry Merritt, one of the co-founders of the Observatory. Mayor McWilliams is elected. A pair of tourists is found dead at sea, with no apparent cause. Several families move into Port Crescendo from the surrounding areas.

(2002) • A severe storm strikes Port Crescendo, causing heavy damages and three disappearances along with several injuries. The city enters a period of reconstruction. 'The Gate' is moved from Port Crescendo Observatory to a more accessible location, by the Mayor's request. Investigation of Henry Merritt's disappearance is formally closed.

(2005) • Reconstruction of Port Crescendo proper is complete, though some outlying buildings are still undergoing renovations. Mayor McWilliams resigns, prompting the town to elect Mayor Clacher. An attempt to create a resort on the beachfront is met with heavy resistance from the town, shutting down negotiations.

(Late 2009) • A reporter stumbles onto the town and leaves a few weeks thereafter, publishing a fairly flattering article. Port Crescendo experiences another small influx of people. The Observatory is closed to the general public, by the request of the few scientists who remain.

(Early 2010) • Current.

Characters:

Andria W. Linwood

Spoiler: show
Name: Andria W. Linwood

Appearance: Image

Personality: Hardworking and possessed of a slightly above-average intelligence, 'Andi' is surprisingly easygoing and casual in her 'off duty' demeanor. Prone to bouts of long contemplation, she can find herself sometimes rattled when interrupted; getting her into trouble in those moments. Working as a waitress for the last two years has made her well familiar with most of Port Crescendo's residents and she finds it easy to chat with almost anyone. When surrounded by familiar faces, she can tend to crave the 'spotlight' and can, from time-to-time, act out against her better judgement. Not one to be deterred by inconveniences or failure, Andi prizes the idea of 'learning from one's mistakes'.

Skills:

• Reading people.

• Surprisingly strong.

• Quick witted.

Weapon Type: Striking. Baseball Bat.

Other Information:

• Moved to Port Crescendo from a larger city in 2000. She was 14 at the time.

• Playing baseball is her favorite pastime, though she doesn't watch professional games.

• Dropped out of Port Crescendo Community College in late 2008. Took a job from family friend Butch almost immediately afterwards.

• Still lives with her parents.

• Disorganized in her personal life, despite how people tend to perceive her.

Lane I. Kulmala

Name: Lane I. Kulmala

Personality: Cocky and self-assured, Lane spends most of his time combing the beachfront of Port Crescendo; or out on the waves. A long-time surfer and despite being new to Port Crescendo he is considered to be a ne'er-do-well by the town and is often avoided. Lane vehemently denies accusations of his 'unsavory' nature with rebellious tirades focusing on the nature of free will and the idea that every human has the option to do what they please. He enjoys telling stories about his travels, even if he is given to exaggeration from time to time.

Skills:

• Exceptional physical condition.

• Scraping by.

• Daring mentality.

Weapon Type: Slashing. Large Pocket Knife.

Other Information:

• Has been traveling since he was sixteen.

• Came to Port Crescendo in late 2009.

• Lives in a small shack just outside of town.

• Can be extremely competitive.

• His surfboard has the words 'Just Passing Through' written in large letters on its underside.

Dr. Thomas Wiles

Name: Dr. Thomas Wiles, PhD.

Personality: Jumpy, meek and awkward, Dr. Wiles had always been a bit of a loner. He is enthusiastic about his work and prone to ramble, should anyone pay him mind. He is private to a fault, keeping his personal life rather secretive. Even as an introvert, Dr. Wiles often finds himself very lonely, and longs for a change of pace.

Skills:
- Proficient with Technology
- Theoretical Physics and Dimensional Theory
- Enhanced Cowardice

Weapon Type: Ranged - revolver

Other Information:
- Dr. Wiles owns a sweet orange tabby named Meffy, his comfort since the disappearance of his late co-worker.
- Graduated top of his class in high school and college
- Never had a girlfriend

Adrian Wilkes

Name: Adrian Wilkes

Appearance:

Personality: The one who always seems to get lost in a crowd, unnoticed at the back of the class. Adrian is quiet and withdrawn, not bringing much attention to himself whether he wants to or not. While entirely forgettable, he tries hard at the few things he does actively take an interest in. He likes keeping things the way they are, undisturbed and unchanged, whether it's a thing or a person. He spends his time wandering the beach and nature of Port Crescendo, taking pictures and collecting things only to throw them back where they belong later.

Skills:
• Good memory
• Athletic
• Observation

Weapon Type: Ranged- Recurve bow and a pack of 40~ odd arrows

Other Information:
• Forced to take archery by his mother since middleschool, as he refused any other traditional extracirculaor activities.
• Has a blog where he uploads all his pictures
• Father works in a nearby city, mother owns a general grocery store.

Other Information:

Coming Soon...
Last edited by Inanna on Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:09 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Because you did not press your lips into the dust at my feet.
Inanna
Site Admin

First Word.

Postby Inanna » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:08 pm

As you can tell, I'm setting out the groundwork for the Inauspicious series of RPs (assuming that they become a thing, at all). Beginning with The Egress, I'm hoping that the series will evolve with contributions from those involved and the 'natural' path I have planned for the 'universe' as a whole. Progression with OOC things and progression In-Character will slowly see the above post fill out with more and more information as we move along.

Planned additions are:

Bestiary: A catalogue of the horrors encountered.

Prime Locations: The important spots in Port Crescendo.

Relation Chart: A detailed account of Player and Non-Player Characters' connections.

Day and Night Rundown: A series of synopses of the events of a given Day/Night Cycle.

Port Crescendo Clarion: A collection of the Clarion's relevant articles, written from an In-Character perspective.

That's all, for now. I'll be working on this stuff on-and-off, hoping that people want to get involved. The Bestiary will be added once the thread is underway and the others will be similarly introduced.

Thanks for taking time to read this.
Inanna
Site Admin

Still Looking.

Postby Inanna » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:18 pm

Thought I would let anyone who reads this know that I am still fully willing to engage in setting up and running this RP.

Inauspicious is something that's been on my mind, lately, and I would very much like to have others partake! Drop me a line and let me know, if you're interested!
Inanna
Site Admin

Return to Modern OOC